The National Endowment for the Humanities has established a deadline of September 27, 2017 at 5:00PM for Summer Stipend applications, for projects to take place in the Summer of 2018. UNCG may may nominate up to two faculty members. Additional details are available from the NEH at: https://www.neh.gov/grants/
The internal deadline for UNCG applications will be Friday, August 4th, at 5:00PM. By this internal deadline, interested PI’s must email the following materials to Aubrey Turner at email@example.com
- Narrative not to exceed three single-spaced pages
- Bibliography in one single spaced page
- Vita not to exceed two single spaced pages.
- You may also submit a one page appendix for Editions, Translations, or Database Projects, or for Proposals that Include Visual Materials.
This internal deadline provides time for a panel of five UNCG faculty to review the proposals and select up to two proposals that will represent UNCG in this prestigious competition. Additional details are contained in the attached PDF flyer.
NEH Summer Stipends Internal Review Timeline at UNCG
- Distribution of NEH flyer across UNCG: May/June
- Selection of new internal reviewers: May-July
- Internal Deadline for Proposals: Friday, August 4th, 5:00PM (Hard Deadline)
- Internal Reviewers Receive Applications: Friday, August 4th, 5:01PM
- Internal reviewers complete their reviews: Aug 18
- Internal review panel meets: Aug 21 – Sept 1, for 2 hour block, date TBD
- Applicants notified: Last week Aug or first week Sept, date TBD
- Feedback/comments from review distributed: First or second week Sept, date TBD
- Finalizing proposals and routing: Mid Sept
- External Deadline: September 27, 2017, 5:00PM (Hard Deadline)